Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Wednesday, November 21, 2012



 On the 16th of November at 12:20 am I turned 21 years old. 



The final foray from my Teenage Years into, apparently, Full Blown Adulthood. As someone who is repeating a semester and currently working full time in a shop and absolutely no idea how to actually conceive the image I have of how my life should be at this stage, and as someone who had such high hopes for herself when I was younger, I’m fighting a losing battle with my opinion of myself and how unsatisfied twelve year old Ciara would be with twenty one year old Ciara... I digress...

 Basically, I’m not where I want to be or where I thought I would be at twenty one so I was avoiding this birthday ominously and when it was discussed it was with some serious trepidation. I was not looking forward to being an old, single, uneducated, barely employed spinster.. As my friend Hannah would say, I’m off to GSPCA to collect my cats in the morning.




However, despite my trepidation, my friends and family made my birthday into four or five of the greatest days of my life, legitimately I cannot exaggerate how great they were. 


Initially, the night before dreaded birthday night myself and five more of my friends went to a Mexican Restaurant and went out after. The food was absolutely fabulous, and I love food, I eat a lot of food, so I’m not easily impressed but my golly, I was impressed with this place! Then we went, embarrassingly enough, because each of us is broke, knacker drinking and continued onto a club from there... I left to go home early but I was so so happy that my friends had come out because their exams are looming pretty fast as well!




It’s also my Mother’s birthday on the 16th, best birthday present she ever got some might say, so we intended to celebrate together as we do every year! We like to say that the fact that we’re born on the same day is one of the reasons we’re so close, however, I think most of it is to do with the fact that I like to talk, she likes to listen and we make each other laugh, nonetheless, the pretence shall continue! We went and got our hair, nails and eyebrows done in town, which is very unlike Mam and I, wouldn’t be into spending money in general to be honest :P We then went shopping and roamed the streets for a while.




That evening myself and my family went out for another fabulous dinner, I know, more food, I hear ya! It was fab and it was so nice to just all sit around and enjoy each others’ company rather than wondering who was going to make tea after dinner or clean up. An added benefit would be, of course, that you can’t really fight in public so any disagreements get glossed over ;)

Then on Saturday night I left work and went back to my friend Hannah’s house and here the biggest surprise was waiting for me.. Hannah sent me to the bathroom to check it out cause she had “cleaned it” and I, like a fool, went and who jumps out at me ONLY MY BESTIE GILLIAN!!! ALL THE WAY FROM BUDAPEST!!! I have never been more in shock or happier in my life, I think anyway! Aideen, Shauna and Andy came over then and we went on to have one of my best nights ever.


I just can’t believe the effort people went to from texting me Happy Birthday to sending me cards to buying me presents and vowing to celebrate with me every night, big up to Aideen, Hannah and Shauna for that especially!
I have the most fabulous group of friends and family who have made me completely forget that I am currently a bum with no aim or direction in my life and I couldn’t love them more for it!


I’m officially ready to take my 21st year and make it my bitch.

0 comments: