Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Beauties

Ah, the Nissan Figaro.


Every morning on my way to work I have to walk past this absolute beauty. I love this car. I have loved it for years. The first time I seen it I was quite young and had been dragged along to a vintage car show with my Dad. For all the people who ask me about the horse power and the size of the engine to demonstrate my love for the car. I don’t know. But, that’s not what it’s about. Just like with a top, some food or even, dare I say it, a member of the opposite sex, you know you love a car from the tug in your belly. The incessant tug every time you see it. And of course the overwhelming jealousy! The Figaro and jelly sweets are two of the few things that 21 year olds Ciara has in common with 8 year old Ciara.

So, along with my beautiful Figaro we are about to embark on a trip filled with some fabulous cars from some fabulous (and not so fabulous) movies.  Here is where you’ll notice my love of all things vintage/generally older than me.

We have the classic 1963 Aston Martin from, let’s be honest, pretty much every Bond movie ever made.


Who could possibly forget about Herbie the beautiful Beetle? This car had such an impact on people it managed to be a hit movie again in 2005 despite Lindsay Lohan’s best attempts!


In The Rain Man we have the CLASSIC 1949 Buick Roadmaster Convertible. So much yes going on here!!


The Graduate displayed the 1966 Alfa Romeo Spider.




Finally, the epitome of symbolic cars on the big/small screen. The GMC Van in the A Team. Just, yes.

0 comments: