Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Roaring 20's?

Being in your 20s is hard. Not that I’m biased or anything, yano with me being in my 20s. I’m sure 30s, 40s and 50s are equally just as hard but right now we’re supposed to be deciding our future careers, treading carefully through potential friends, balancing alcohol fuelled weekends with something more substantial, picking out the duds in your life, be that people, habits or jobs, creating something beautiful out of yourself and your life while trying to make enough money to keep your head above water, portray an image of happiness and success for parents, acquaintances and sometimes, even yourself.

I woke up this morning (afternoon) and had my morning scroll through Instagram and stumbled upon this, potentially overused, picture/quote/Instagram cliché and decided it was pretty apt and made me feel slightly better about not being up at the crack of the dawn to go to yoga and come home to my Nutribullet to make my daily green juice. Ironically, Instagram is probably the main source of social media that makes us feel like we should be doing this but that’s a whole other post.




So, here are a few more from people that have been there and (probably) know better that proves that everyone’s been there. No matter how together they are now *cough* Oprah!


"Your 20s will be full of failures — let them happen and learn as you go."

"The thing I love most about my generation — and something that rarely gets recognized — is that we’re fucking hustlers. We make it work. We get that money. We’re innovative and resourceful. The odds may be stacked against us and yet we still find a way to triumph."


"I look back on my 20s. It’s supposed to be the prime of your life, the most vital, the most beautiful. But you’re making your critical decisions and sometimes your most critical mistakes."
  -Ann Brashares -

“Your 20’s are your ‘selfish’ years. It’s a decade to immerse yourself in every single thing possible. Be selfish with your time, and all the aspects of you. Tinker with shit, travel, explore, love a lot, love a little, and never touch the ground.” 
- Kyoko Escamilla

“I think your 20’s are the hardest part of life. I mean, everyone goes on about how hard it is to be a teenager, but actually I think it’s tougher to be in your 20’s because you’re expected to be a grownup and expected to earn your own living and be successful and I think you feel like a kid still.”  
- Nigel Cole

“You’ll be fine. You’re 25. Feeling unsure and lost is part of your path. Don’t avoid it. See what those feelings are showing you and use it. Take a breath. You’ll be okay. Even if you don’t feel okay all the time.” 
- Louis CK -

"It's that time when you're really, really trying to figure shit out... It's just about trying and creating and putting stuff out in whatever form or medium that you do, and not being precious with it. And in that you'll find your voice." 
- Abbi Jacobsen -

"If I could have talked to my 19- or 20-year-old self, I would have said, 'You're going to be fine. It ain't that serious!'" 
- Queen Latifah -

“When I was in my 20's, I was a lost soul. Your 20's are about finding your soul," 
– Oprah -

"Also in your twenties, if you’re beautiful, everything comes to you, so you never need to develop a personality. I never had that problem."
– Miranda Hart. -

"Start your twenties with lots of friends and leave with a few good ones. What happened? People faded away into their careers and relationships. Fights were hard and never resolved. Shit happens."
 – Ryan O’Connell –

"Happiness comes out of being willing to do your work in your twenties to find our who you are, what you love."
 – Candace Bushnell –

"When I was in my twenties, I felt like I was riding wild horses, and I was hoping I didn't go over a cliff. 
–Chaka Khan –

"I think for the majority of my twenties, I was always so concerned with what I didn't have, or what I still wanted."
 –Adam Lambert -



Relax. Take your time. Enjoy life.
 xo

0 comments: