Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Friday, June 1, 2012

Bucket List - 1st SIN article


Ever since I made it to Secondary School I have asked every single, older, wiser or more interesting person then me what they deem to be an essential element to enjoying and making the most of your college years, therefore when I hit college, I was fully prepared with my extensive list of “must-do’s” while you’re in college, thoughts and opinions from everyone ranging from my Grandmother, who never had the privilege of going to college to my Secondary School Business teacher.



There is a time and a place for everything… it’s called college. College is probably the first time in your life you are living on your own, have little or no responsibility, and there are a million awesome distractions all around you, and that’s the problem, with all the distractions and temptations  it’s very easy to lose your way in a blur of  vodka, “society meetings” and all nighters before exams. It’s hard to complete all of your aims and finish your list, I have personally gotten lost in a blur of stuff that I never intended to do in college.

Galway is a fabulous county, full of things to do but it extends outside of the city and from talking to people and looking at my group of friends I believe the only thing been discovered is the well worn trail from Cps to Buskers, we enjoy an odd sociable drink. So I’m going to take advantage of my creative licence and attempt to inspire you to go and discover the whole county from Kinvara to Oughterard. You never appreciate what’s on your doorstep so with the help of many people around the college this column will gently guide you.


Everyone has aims when they come to college ranging from getting a 1:1, ambitious, to hooking up with the babe in your physics tutorial, even more ambitious, and it’s very rare to meet a person who is utterly satisfied and content with how they spend their college years. I don’t want to feel like I threw mine away so I’m focusing on my own bucket list, which has far too many “to do’s” and not enough “done’s”.



Therefore, I’m going to take inspiration from everyone I meet and ask them what they would do if they got the chance again, or the time or money, and, luckily for ye, report back here, in the hopes it will enthuse and spur you on, not make you feel inadequate. Seen as all everyone loves hearing about other peoples’ lives and people do love to talk about themselves it seems the perfect working relationship.

To get the ball rolling and ease us into this our wonderful editor here at Sin will be the first person to give us a taster into her college years and some ideas,

 “I was very good about getting stuff done in college, even essays. I was always quick to hop on a bus and do something different, or travel to see friends in other universities around Ireland. When I was in UCD my friends and I had a thing called "Random Spontaneous Adventure Tuesdays" where we would have a liquid lunch and then go do something random and adventurous. My one regret is that we often spoke about taking the ferry to Holyhead and back (our adventures really weren't all that spontaneous) but we never did it. We did go to Clery's on O'Connell St and fly the carpets once: there may have been more than one pint involved that time.”

You only have ten years to be in your twenties after all.. Or four years to complete your Undergrad and finish your bucket list J

0 comments: