Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Sunday, June 17, 2012

HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!!


HAPPY FATHERS DAY EVERYONE!!!

Most particularly to the best Dad in the world, mine, of course!

Some people may argue that fathers Day, Mothers Day, Valentines Day, all of these holidays are simply Hallmark holidays, designed to ensure the needless expenditure on cards, chocolate and presents for whomever you’re buying for.



I don’t think so. In Ireland, in particular, we’re a nation that don’t really express our thoughts or emotions. I can’t remember the last time I told my Dad I loved him, or anyone else for that matter. As a nation we tend to avoid any declarations of love or anything that would make you vulnerable to rejection or other people’s judgement. Therefore, I love days like today, days where  you’re supposed to show love to the people who matter the most in your life.

My favourite people in the world.


My Dad is one of my favourite people. We’re the exact same so we don’t always see eye to eye, read never. Despite the fact that he gets on my nerves nine out of ten times we’re together I’m eternally grateful to him. Although my Mam is the best it was certainly my Dad that cultivated the wanderlust that is perpetually evident in my personality, he ensured I had a decent sense of humour and only for him I wouldn’t be able to take half as much slagging as I am.



We argure as much as any other parent and child, slightly more at times but while he does sometimes annoy me I’m aware that he’s fiercly loyal to all of us, hugely passionate and follows through with absolutely everything he starts, despite any problems he’s had he’s always gotten up and kept trucking through.

These are qualities I can only hope I exude, because I know for sure I have his irritating habits, lack of patience and quick temper J

Love you Dad.

Happy Father’s Day!

0 comments: