Pages

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Concevoir une vie que vous aimez

Monday, June 11, 2012

Partying? Yes? No?


I love going out and partying. In fact, no one loves it more than I do. But I’m afraid, these days, I’m a self confessed hermit. I like being inside in my own house, with a cup of tea and some good, or not so good books, depending on your taste J





I just, personally don’t see much point in going out, in a really short skirt, in the absolute blistering cold to meet people I see nearly every day anyway to wait around at the end of the night to spend money on a taxi to get home again. As a result of this reluctance to go out a lot of my friends have disappeared into the wood work or have been openly contemptuous toward me about my lack of interest in drinking and going out.



I’m more than that. So are they. There’s more to us all then spending every night going out and repeating the same thing every night. I want to travel, I want adventure and I want a different life. So, spending 40 euro on a night out two or three times a week isn’t of huge interest to me.. I am aware that not going out will be deemed hugely outside of the box and the results from it can be clearly seen with my dwindling number of friends texting me and a lot of sly comments coming my way.



I don’t care. This is not the life I want.

I can party with the best of them, believe me, I can go crazy, and I will, for a reason, for a friend’s birthday, to celebrate the end of exams, even returning to college but going out and getting “white girl wasted” every single night can’t be good for our minds, bodies or relationships and so for now, I am content to sit at home with my true friends with a take away and a fire, instead of freezing my ass off in an attempt to impress others.


When you start doing things you love you will meet like minded people, so in an attempt to eradicate the misconceived notion that to have fun we must go out and get wasted, I have made an endless amount of new years resolutions. I am going to start yoga, I’m going to learn French again and I’m going to go hiking and mountain biking, fingers crossed.




I just wish more of my friends would be interested in doing the same. 

0 comments: